Friday 23 July 2021

NO GO !

BEAT BY THE HEAT ! 😡


Apologies to our readers - No walk this week.

With temperatures forecast to approach 30 degrees it was decided that it was unwise for a group of gentlemen in their mid to late 70s to spend the day walking. The planned walk would have been around parts of Longridge Fell. Again a hilly walk perhaps not ideal in the heat.

To use a cliched expression, "Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible"

JW


I'm sure many of you will have watched the TV programme "Would I Lie to You" where contestants tell a tale about themselves. The panel have to decide if the tale is true or is a lie.

Here are three statements about myself (JW retired headteacher) Can you guess which one of them is a lie.


1. I once lined up and competed against an Olympic gold medallist.

2. I once crashed in a British Grand Prix race.

3. Whilst helping my sister and her husband on their Yorkshire farm I took almost an hour to shear ONE sheep.


When you have decided which statement is a lie scroll down to see if you are correct.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Number 3 is a lie. Although I have worked on farms I have never worked with sheep,

Number 1. True. I entered a clay pigeon shooting competition and in the same line up was Garstang's Bob Braithwaite the Olympic gold medallist.

Number 2. True. But it was the "British Balloon and Airship Grand Prix ". For several years I was crew in a hot air balloon.


Did you guess right .... Well done.

If you would like to try yourself send me your three statements one of which is a lie. Include  your profession which might give people a clue or be a red herring. email address is top right on the page. Let  me know the answer so that I can "Scroll down to it"

No comments: