Friday 13 December 2019

MEDICAL 4

THIS IS IT !

I am sitting on my bed which has been wheeled into the Anaesthetics room. I have just been attacked by a large porcupine. At least that's what it feels like. I have needle holes in back, front and both arms from which various tubes and wires are protruding Ouch !
The double door swings dramatically open into the operating theatre. There are four people standing around the operating table .They look towards me and wave. I could swear they are holding knives and forks. 

OBLIVION

Two hours later, Val, waiting in my room is informed "All has gone well he's in the recovery suite."   "He's a bit of a character though." They add.  

A CHARACTER !  What does that mean ?


Long John Silver (Treasure Island -will need a parrot))
Blind Pugh           (Treasure island - will need a stick and a black spot)
Joseph                  (will need a shepherds crook)
Moses                   (can use his stick to get drinks from rocks)
A Crooked Man    (That crooked stile sounds like par for a Meanderthal walk)

Ah well......… All had indeed gone well and I am now back home as the owner of a magnificent . brand new pair of crutches.  Then comes the eternal question. "What do you do with them when you no longer need them ?"

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.


No comments: