Tuesday 2 June 2020

How well do you know the Meanderthal Blog?

FRom Mike the Bike.....

 I went out the other day for a ride in the general area where we have done four walks. Whilst out I took photos of places we had visited on the walks. Really just to show that I had been there, I took a photo of the location, followed by the one that appeared in the Blog, or near enough.

     Can you remember when the walk was and find it in the blog? It took a bit of doing for me to ride round and collect all the photos in an  afternoon.

     Also there is a wild card ride. I can remember doing this walk but couldn’t find a write up or photos in the Blog. Can you?

 

No.1 Walk.

 

 

Not the start of the walk possibly a mile or two in. The original below.  I  know I am on right road but maybe further down.


The next two photos, I am sure some of you will recognise, but I couldn’t get any nearer as the site was in lockdown !!!!

 

 



 So here we are!  But where!                

5

There you go! But when was it?

 

  Walk and ride number 2

Does anybody recognise here? It featured in the ride of my last quiz.

        When I asked the name of the lane you turn into off the A6 in Barton


  W    Well there you go – This is where we started this walk.


Although I have had to cut out a fair chunk of the walk because my bike wouldn’t go very well over fields. We eventually arrived here.

 

 

By the way that is my bag on the floor – Not road kill !

 aa


11

That’s Danny on the walk wondering if Mike will come here on his bike.



Here Martin is assuring him that I would !


                                 Walk Number 3

Regular readers of the Blog will notice a difference in the layout and presentation and neatness of the script. It may not be up to the normal high standards and I can only apologise. We must remember though that we are in lockdown. This, might I add, has absolutely nothing to do with my printing and layout skills, but merely fills a gap where there was no room for another photograph.  SORRY!!!

 

 

                                    Walk Number 3

This walk starts about a quarter of a mile back from this first photo but soon goes off- road.      

 

I’m not sure but I think Martin and Dave led the walk this day. You can see Dave saying I think it’s down here now. Martin looks at the road name and just says “Aye - it’ll be reet"


As with other walks, and quite rightly so, they tend to go where it is difficult on a bike. In fact I think they tried to hide from me down this track.

 

 

But I found them and remember thinking, one day when we have the next Pandemic and we are doing virtual walks, I’ll task them to remember where it was and when it was.

  

 Along with this farm sign which has been cleaned up since last they were  there.


The next two photos are only loosely connected to the walk but I wonder if they are familiar to John W. 1

 

 

 

    

They are definitely in that area and I always associate him with the

 

Finally Number Four The Mystery (well to me) Walk.


I can remember that we parked here: Walked across the main road and up this road and track.   Wa

 







 

to here :

  

I cannot find out when we did the walk. Though it was not that long ago.



An easy one I am sure but there you go. 

All answers please on the back of a £20 note.














































2 comments:

Fonts Mania said...

Amazing Man! If you want to use any online converter for files then maybe this will be the best choice;

Easy Convert Files

Fonts Mania said...

And this will surely transfer these formats as well;

Mpg to Avi

Asf to Mp4

Mp4 to Mjpeg

3ga to Mp3

h264 to Avi