Saturday 28 March 2020

ISOLATION CONTINUES

SPRING IS SPRUNG


"Walking round the garden I can see that Spring is here" I said to Val, my wife
"It's the start of summertime this weekend Clothead !" she replied. 
Well she didn't actually use those words but that's what she was thinking.... I could tell.
Here's why I thought Spring was here.


Our little "Flame of the Forest" bush is hotting up


In the front garden the Camelia (?)  is in full bloom


...and the daffodils are all opening in the far garden.


One of the delights of the reservoir banks (Nature reserve) at the end of the garden,  is the wild primroses that grow on them. They self seed and pop up all over the back of our garden . Some I leave where they are . Others I dig up and put them where I want them.


The wire frame is to stop cats doing nasties in the old footbath.


Our tiny pond has also been visited by frogs and somewhere in it's depth are several clumps of Frogspawn.


Did you notice the little man in the yellow outfit sitting amongst the rocks above the pond ?

Here he is.



He is one of several little strangers in the garden. Our neighbours (lovely people) spot them when they are on holiday and can't resist bringing them home. "We saw this and thought of you !" Can't imagine why.

Here's another.



Spring (summer ?) is defintely here though
My seeds are sprouting........



And my little rhubarb patch is pushing skyward..



Oh... and there is a large frog in the garden. (I do not refer to any of my French relatives !)




so....Finally (Thank G** I hear you think)

Did anyone step outside the other night to clap for the NHS ?  Val and I did and to make an even bigger noise we used this.




It is perhaps ironic to think that the last time this was used seriously it was to sound the "All Clear" after wartime traumas.  Let's hope that our present "Wartime" situation will allow us to ring it again soon to announce the "ALL CLEAR"




John W

p.s. Make sure you check out Anthony's post below this.



No comments: